Every day, more than 3 billion phishing emails are sent out worldwide. These emails are tactics used by scammers to trick you into giving up sensitive information about you or your company. This infographic lists eight tips to avoid email phishing scams.
- Verify sender’s email address.
- Look for spelling errors.
- Never give out sensitive information.
- Be wary of urgent messages
- Call to verify requests.
- Avoid opening unsolicited attachments.
- Verify hyperlinks.
- Contact IT or security teams.
For business related cyber security strategies you can use to protect your businesses, contact Ollis/Akers/Arney Insurance & Business Advisors today.
This document is merely a guideline. It is not meant to be exhaustive nor be construed as legal advice. It does not address all potential compliance issues. Consult your licensed insurance representative or legal counsel to address possible compliance requirements.
© 2020 Zywave, Inc. All rights reserved.